Keep your HTI-2000 in shape for spring with these winterization tips.
- Clean all dirt and debris from the exterior of the HTI-2000.
- Cycle clean water through the HTI-2000. Rainbow recommends a minimum of 1 gallon and about 16 cycles.
- Remove the filter from the filter housing and clean with a wire brush to remove rust and debris. A battery post cleaner or other metal wire brush works well.
- Store the filter separately in a clean and dry location until next use to prevent rusting.
- Remove the injection probe tip and clean out rust and debris. It is recommended to store this part separately in a clean and dry location.
- Lubricate all O-rings, especially in the piston manifold, with a synthetic silicone lubricant. Molykote 111 or Super Lube work well.
- Lubricate the ‘Fill’ and ‘Inject’ button components with synthetic silicone lubricant. Molykote 111 or Super Lube work well.
- Always allow the HTI-2000 to dry as much as possible before long-term storage. An air compressor can be used to help dry the interior of the unit.
- Store the HTI-2000 upright to help prevent any trapped moisture from pooling in the unit.
- Store the HTI-2000 above freezing. Freezing temperatures will cause any moisture in the unit to freeze and expand, and may crack the piston manifold or damage the tubing.
Don’t have time to prep your HTI-2000 for winter? Send it in for Rainbow’s Winterization Program. Get all the maintenance you need to prepare your device for the growing season!
Contact your Territory Arborist or the Solution Center 1-877-272-6747 or email@example.com.